Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 10: August 20, 2014

After doing so much traveling lately, it was good to finally spend some time in one location for a while.  Today we visited both the bird park and Iguassu Falls.  The bird park was unbelievable! We were able to see very exotic animals, we would typically be unable to see in the United States outside of watching a documentary on Animal Planet.  We had the opportunity to enter aviaries where the birds were allowed to roam free around.  One animal I was particularly excited to be able to see in real life was the toucan, a bird native to Brazil, known for its large colorful beak.  I also had the opportunity to hold a large parrot and pet a boa constrictor.

Selfie with Toucan Sam

Parrot drinking water

Pet the boa

Meet my new buddy

His name is Bruno



Following the bird farm, we visited the Iguassu Falls.  Iguassu Falls are one of today’s seven natural wonders of the world.  Every site of the falls was completely breathtaking.  Having grown up and spent most of my life in big cities, I was completely taken aback by the view of the falls. I couldn’t help but take tons of photos to try and capture the moment.

Joe, Elijah, Aryel and myself at the park entrance

Selfie with the profs

Incredible

Falls + Rainbow

Quick picture in front of the "Devil's Throat"

A breathtaking panorama shot

No comments:

Post a Comment