Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 12: August 22, 2014


Today is the day we all return to the United States from Brazil.  It was bittersweet, but I was glad to be heading home.  After going to the local Foz de Iguassu airport with the majority of my classmates, Aryel and I went on to Rio de Janiero to continue or journey back to the States.  After catching some coffe at the Rio de Janiero airport, Aryel and i eventually split ways as I continued on to a connecting flight to New York and Aryel went to North Carolina.  

After spending 8 hours on a flight from Rio de Janiero to New York with no in-flight entertainment, nobody is a happy camper


I landed in New York early Saturday morning, around 6:00AM.  Hoping to arrive back in Washington DC at an even earlier time, I transferred flights from my 11:00AM to 8:00AM.  Unfortunately for me, my flight was delayed significantly and ended up leaving at the same time as my original flight.  After spending upwards of 14 hours in the air I finally reached home.  Brazil was truly an unforgettable experience, where I made great friends.  I can’t wait for the opportunity to be able to travel there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment